Services Grants & Loans Invest About Us Contact Us
Grants & Loans
Apply today for a grant or loan that fits your needs.
Hawaii Community Lending welcomes individuals, organizations, and businesses to invest in our loan fund. Your investment is an efficient and meaningful way to Hawaii residents address financial emergencies, secure or sustain affordable housing, and create economic opportunity for our communities.
See a sample of our Impact Investor Note and read below for more information.
- Your choice of terms: Investors can invest as little as $1,000 or as much as $1,000,000 and choose terms as short as five years or as long as 20 years. Investors receive a fixed-rate annual simple interest return of 1% for at five years, up to 2% for loans of six to nine years, and up to 3% for loans of 10 years or longer.
- Safety: Investors appreciate that Hawaii Community Lending has an unblemished record of repayment to investors – through good and bad economic times. Investments in the Hawaii Community Lending are protected by our default rate that is on par with credit unions and banks, our excellent history of repayment from borrowers, and by pooling investor funds with grants received from public and private sources so the risk is shared across the loan portfolio.
- Trusted financial intermediary: Hawaii Community Lending is a United State Department of Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution that has maintained a default rate of less than 3% since its founding as a nonprofit in 2014.
- Fixed-income investment class: Investments with Hawaii Community Lending are straightforward and uncorrelated to traditional fixed-income instruments. You will earn simple annual interest, regardless of the ups and downs of the bond market.
- Term of years: Your investment will have a fixed maturity date and can be rolled over or paid out upon maturity, at your discretion.
Hawaii Community Lending partners with Hawaiian Community Assets Financial Opportunity Centers across the state to provide our borrowers with financial counseling and technical assistance.
Visit Hawaiian Community Assets to learn more about the services available at their Financial Opportunity Centers.
Our mortgage loan team helps homebuyers find and secure affordable mortgage financing to make the dream of homeownership a reality.
Talk with a mortgage specialist today.
Hawai‘i Financial Opportunity Center
1315 Kalanianaole Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720
Kaua‘i Financial Opportunity Center
4523 Ioane Road
Anahola, HI 96703
Maui Financial Opportunity Center
24 N Church Street, Suite 210
Wailuku, HI 96793
O‘ahu Financial Opportunity Center
200 N Vineyard Boulevard, Suite B140
Honolulu, HI 96817